Monitor: Samsung 22 inch LCD
Printer: Canon Pixma MP 760 AIO
Scanner: Epson Perfection 1200 U
Speakers Phillips MMS 321 Free Standing
DSL Modem: Westell 327 W
Camera: Canon Powershot Pro 1 with Paint Shop 9
Cost Minus Operating System, Camera, Scanner, and Printer: $1200.00
Having a fast dependable computer: Priceless

First of all thanks to Rob for putting together a website that made this process simple and easy to understand. I found the website from an ad in popular Mechanics over a year ago. I checked out the website and ordered his book. I studied the book and website for months before attempting to build my computer. I looked at other websites for building computers but MySuperPC.com has the best design and flow. In the mean time I shopped all over the web for the components. I ordered all the parts in a one month period and never opened a box until I had everthing I needed. Then one winter night I sat down after dinner and started building on the kitchen table. I put it together in 3 hours and had it up and running with the operating system by midnight.
I spent most of the next day installing all my software, transfering files with a SanDisc and updating drivers. This machine has been running now for 3 months with no problems.
Very dependable and fast. Using a computer is fun again.

My old computer is a Compaq Presario 5WV 280. Good in it's day but now basically a $2500.00 deck of cards. The difference is like night and day. I can now use my laptop anywhere in my house Thanks to the wireless motherboard.

I use my computer for surfing the web, email, processing personal photos, business, games, shopping and selling.

rock72
03-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Wouldn't happen to have a copy or your BIOS would you? I am having a hard time converting the settings from Rob's other mother board settings to the ASUS M2N32SLI-DELUXE.

I can not run the data lifeguard diagnostics utility to test the hard drive. I did not install a floppy just a sony dvd. Not sure about some settings.

DinkyDoink
05-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Sorry to butt in, but I guess you have to update settings for the Utility diagnosis to work. The SLI deluxe should have everything on it, if it is new. I got a lot of run around from ASUS when asking for help, none of there advice worked for me. I tried the Utility to test my harddrive to, but my floppy wouldn't except it. In fact I ran all the driver updates for the HD before installing my OS and none of it ever worked, but that was before I found out I had a bad harddrive. After I installed a new HD everything went smooth, I haven't tried bench testing yet, so that may be something new to learn. Another problem I ran into was the new XP3. XP3 won't work with AMD processors. I found out a little to late after trying over and over again to install XP3, it wouldn't install. After finally figuring out that everything pointed to a bad harddrive, I installed a new one and I still couldn't get my OS to install, well come to find out I had XP3 on my disk and the Amd processor will not work with XP3, so I had to install XP2, after that and a lot of headaches I finally got it to work. Just a little info!