PDA

View Full Version : Woo Everything Came!

Oatmealman15
03-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Well good news is I finally got my processor and finished the build. Had a couple power issues, but the front panel power clip wasnt in the right spot on the mobo... Only question, the fan on the power supply isnt spinning that fast and i was wondering if that should be a concern?

Jamie Nixx
03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Not supposed to spin that fast ;)

Oatmealman15
03-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Now I have a problem... So WinXP was installing and was partitioning the hd and it got to 68% and was thre for like 2hrs so i decided to reboot and then i kept getting message "error loading operating system" I try booting from cd and it starts setup again but gets stuck on message "setup is starting windows" ... any ideas?

roscoe46
03-24-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi. oatmeal; yeah I got the same problem with XP that
you do. I tried going formatt first & it stalled; went back & tried
quick formatt, got to 75 0/0 & stalled again. I've decided I'll spend
a few bucks & let one my local shops here get everything
untangled & finetune everything up for me.
I must say that I'm proud of myself for getting everything in
& wired up correctly & after the tuneup, I believe this machine
is going to be a real banshee.
eVga 780i motherboard
Intel C2D 8400 Wolfdale CPU
eVga 8800 gt 512 video card
Liteon DVD
WD 320 SATA hard drive; also SATA on DVD
PC Power & Cooling 610 Silencer PSU

Hope you get everything sorted out on your machine & hopefully
tomorrow evening mine will be back home here running good.

All the best to you.

roscoe46 AKA Alfred

PS forgot to mention I'm using the Antec 900 case. This case is
absolutely the best there is out there.

Oatmealman15
03-31-2008, 12:15 PM
Hey thanks. Ya I finally got everything sorted out after hours and hours of restarting and trying to re-install and stupid blue screen of death. I had the brilliant idea of switching out my new ram with another comp to start eliminating things and i booted it up from the cd and it magically installed... kinda lame after my couple days of frustration but oh well. And then once it was installed i put my new ram back in and it worked like a charm so everything is working great now and I love it! Thanks for all the help with everything, this site is the best