PDA

View Full Version : Computer crashing

Barrister73
03-20-2008, 01:22 AM
P5KC
e8400
Vista 64

I decided to test my computer on Crucial's website. Since I have no intention of using Explorer, I had to download the program to test my RAM. Running it caused my computer to shut down. Blue screen was too quick for me to see what exactly the error was.

I believe this is the same thing as when I try to run nTune to overclock my system; automatic crash.

Any ideas on why or what I can do? Right now it's just an inconvenience, but I don't want it to turn into a problem for me when I want to run actual programs in the future.

Thanks
MRR

chunkylover53
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Have you run memtest86?

RickyTick
03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I had the same problem with Crucial's website. Crashed my system every time. Maybe its a Vista 64 issue. IDK

Barrister73
03-20-2008, 05:01 PM
I have not run Memtest, but I do not think RAM is my problem. It appears to be programs that try to see what Vista is doing with my computer that causes Vista to declare a hostile takeover is imminent, and force a shutdown.

But, I'll give it a try at some point.

MRR

shyster
03-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Uhhh may seem dumb but if it is a vista problem, look to a vista solution, i.e. turn off your vista security programs.

RickyTick
03-20-2008, 08:01 PM
It may or may not be a Vista issue. IDK

With my motherboard (Abit IP35 Pro), I also have a program called UGuru. I can use this to change fan speeds, voltages, overclock, and some other stuff. Well anyway, if UGuru is running in the background and I try to open CPUz, it crashes every time. This is a known issue and has been discussed on the Abit forums. My point is, there may be another program running in the background that clashes with Crucials website. Just a hunch, I could be wrong.

Barrister73
03-23-2008, 10:02 AM
It passed Memtest just fine. Guess I'll just see if SP1 fixes it.

MRR