PDA

View Full Version : A message to future builders

jclaydon
03-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok, for everyone that wants to build a kick ass system, but don't currently have the money here's what i've learned.

Save up the money first and buy everything at once. The hassles you will save yourself if something happens to go wrong are IMMENSE.

I learned this one the hard way. I thought I could buy the components as i could afford them, pay a little extra for an extended waruntee so that the parts would still be returnable to the place i bought them.

Well i finally got all the parts i needed three weeks ago.

So far I've spent an extra $120 in shipping charges getting various things replaced and due to one error I made in ordering the wrong kind of case and a new power supply.

For most people this probably wouldn't even be an issue, but if you happen to be thinking about doing it the other way DONT DO IT!!

there that's my public service announcement for the day

take care all,

-James

Rob
03-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Yes, I agree that it's not a good idea to accumulate components over a long period of time, snatching up what seem like good deals. By the time you have everything you need, some components are no longer the more desirable.

Don't forget to get and use the American Express Blue credit card I mention on my home page. It provides great buyer protection, including reimbursing restocking fees, extending warranties and extending return periods.
http://www.mysuperpc.com