PDA

View Full Version : Notebook won't boot up

jumptrout51
03-13-2008, 03:59 PM
My wifes notebook has gone bonkers.You turn it on and windows xp will not load correctly. You can try in safe mode normal mode last known good config etc. It goes thru the motions but will not lock in and display a start page. It will continue to loop thru unless you turn it off.
What can I do to get her back on?

chunkylover53
03-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm not positive, but I'll give you something similar that happened to me on a desktop. I started it up one day, and it brought me to the black screen telling me that windows did not shut down properly. Then every time I made a choice (last known good config, safe mode, etc.), it would give me the XP splash screen... then reboot itself... then right back to the black screen. Even if I didn't make a choice, after 20 seconds or so it would make a choice for me... then splash screen... then reboot. I could not get out of that loop.

This is of course well before I built my own and felt comfortable messing with it, so I ended up taking it in to the shop. Turned out that one of my memory modules was bad. Not sure if it helps or if that's your problem, but I thought I'd pass it on.

jumptrout51
03-13-2008, 05:18 PM
That could be one answer. Thanks