PDA

View Full Version : Mod powers?

Jamie Nixx
03-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi Rob, a member called twenty has been spamming the board, i have so far deleted all of his posts but am unable to ban him?

I thought you enabled all mod powers for me and WM?

Rob
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I banned twenty and his IP. Yes, you and WM should be able to ban users. There must be a setting I missed. I'll look into it.

Rob
03-13-2008, 10:18 PM
I created my own test mod (username Kreskin) and verified that there appears to be no option to ban users - at least, if there is one I can't find it. But it looks to me like I have the VBulletin options set correctly so I'm puzzled why this is not working. If anyone knows something about VBulletin and has any ideas then feel free to post them.

Also, I'm going to try posting on the VBulletin message board to see if someone there can be of any help. I've tried perusing the existing posts over there and don't see that there's any more to do than what I've already done, but I'll ask directly.

Rob
03-13-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok, I think I have it figured out. The moderators should now be seeing an "Admin" link at the bottom of the page. Click on that and you should find your way to banning users! If you tried that before and it didn't work then try it again and it should work now.

The Wise Monkey
03-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks Rob.

I've found myself not posting as much recently - shyster, chunky and Ricky are doing an excellent job of fielding most questions, so I'm just keeping an eye on things. :)

Jamie Nixx
03-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Yeah its working now, thanks. :D

Rob
03-14-2008, 06:49 PM
"Excellent." - Monty Burns.

RickyTick
03-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks Rob.

I've found myself not posting as much recently - shyster, chunky and Ricky are doing an excellent job of fielding most questions, so I'm just keeping an eye on things. :)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

Jamie Nixx
03-14-2008, 09:09 PM
You feel like my minions :D

''Fly my pretties,fly'' :D :D :D

HAHA.

RickyTick
03-14-2008, 10:29 PM
You feel like my minions :D

''Fly my pretties,fly'' :D :D :D

HAHA.

Proof that Absolute power corrupts absolutely! :p

The Wise Monkey
04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Hi Rob, there was another new member who was obviously advertising, but the vBulletin Admin control panel (accessed from the bottom of the page) says that I don't have the correct permissions to moderate users.

This is the message:

"Sorry, you don't have permission to access the administrative controls on this page.

If you need to access this page, ask your lead administrator to enable your permissions for this page using the Administrator Permissions section of the control panel."

Any ideas?

Rob
04-17-2008, 07:55 PM
Ok, I'm looking into it. I thought I set it up the same way for both you and Jamie but I may have missed something.

Jamie - are you still able to access the Admin panel and ban users?

Rob
04-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Found it! Yes, it looks like I had not set you up the same way, Wise Monkey. Sorry about that. It should work now.

The Wise Monkey
04-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Heh, no worries. Thanks for sorting it out. :)

Jamie Nixx
04-18-2008, 01:07 PM
Yeah mine was working fine Rob.

Glad its sorted WM, now you can wield the famous ban hammer :D