PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock

BobaFettK
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
I know this game isn't exactly "new" by industry standards, but I eBayed a copy for myself after finishing my build and I just love it. Dark, atmospheric, and stunningly designed. This game has me totally hooked. Anyone else here played it?

Jamie Nixx
03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Yep, great game :)

RickyTick
03-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I bought it back in November.

It has great graphics and an interesting story line, but to be honest, I got a little bored after a while. I doubt I'll play it again. Too bad it doesn't have Multiplayer.

Some of my older favorite games were Soldier of Fortune, Medal of Honor, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I played all of them several times and enjoyed every bit of it.

JMO

RickyTick
03-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Here's some interesting Bioshock information.

http://www.techreport.com/discussions.x/14326

The Wise Monkey
03-12-2008, 12:53 PM
It seems as if most people have the same idea - great to play through once, but no real replay-ability, especially because of the rubbish endings.

What the best thing to do is play it once, leave it for 6 months, then play it again. This leaves enough time so that when you start it again, you can remember why it was such a good game in the first place. :)

Jamie Nixx
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I thought it was good, but it got boring after a while and it has vitually no replay value.

TitanAura
10-04-2008, 05:33 PM
This game is one of the reasons I'm building a new PC (among other more important things, I swear). I bought it when it was on sale for $15 on steam and now I can't play it because my laptop isn't able to handle it.

I think the general consensus of gamers is to be able to do completely different things, like seperate paths or something, during multiple playthroughs but I'm able to speed run the perfectly linear HL2 on a regular basis thanks to the little things like, idk, THE GRAVITY GUN. So maybe if shooting bees out of your hand is as fun as chopping headcrab zombies in half with a giant razor blade, then I'll probably have just as much fun with Bioshock as with HL2 and it's eps.

Cirndle
11-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Get FarCry, that game looks amazing, or Fallout3.

RickyTick
03-20-2009, 10:43 AM
OK, I want to revisit Bioshock.

It was recently announced that Bioshock 2 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=210345") was soon to be released. In preparation, I thought I'd break out the original Bioshock and play it through again. I have to say that I'm having a great time playing it for the second time. It's been a year and a half since I first played it, so that might be why its fun. I still don't think it has good replay value, but if you wait long enough, the second time is better than the first. At least that's been the case for me.

I'm looking forward to Bioshock 2. :)

The Wise Monkey
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
What the best thing to do is play it once, leave it for 6 months, then play it again. This leaves enough time so that when you start it again, you can remember why it was such a good game in the first place. :)

Told you so. :D

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the sequel as well - that short video clip on the PSN wasn't enough! I just hope that they add more incentive to play through the game more than once... without the long gap in between. :)

RickyTick
03-20-2009, 02:32 PM
I also read that there will not be a multiplayer version, and there will not be a co-op version either. I'm still looking forward to it too.

RickyTick
04-10-2009, 12:59 PM
This looks cool.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47806.html

The Wise Monkey
04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
That does look rather good - loving the new weapons. :)