PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Toshiba Cannot connect to the network

john123
03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
hi guys! my friend has a toshiba laptop...After he install a new fresh windows xp pro. Everything worked great except for the network. Hes using DSL ....using ethernet cable not wireless. But he still can't get to the network??? I tried install network adapter something but it didnt work! Help!

shyster
03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Did you try loading on the newest drivers?

I am not all that familar with laptops, but I know newly built desktop pcs will not be able to connect to any network until their motherboard drivers have been loaded and installed.

Other than that I could only suggest the problem I had. Which would be to go into bios and make sure that network connectors are initialized. That however should already be done if he has been using this computer before and did not mess with bios at all during the OS's install.

Jamie Nixx
03-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Is it recognising the connection at all?

john123
03-14-2008, 01:47 AM
( to shyster ) ...yeah i did installed the Ethernet driver something...but it didnt work! He didnt mess with the bios at all.

( to Jamie Nixx ) ....it said theres no internet connection.

shyster
03-14-2008, 11:20 AM
Hummm, I would check bios anyways.

Just try to find a tab about lan connectors and see if they are initialized. I am not all that familiar with laptops so I have no idea what would screw them up, but it seems similar to what happened to me and that was the answer for me.

choba07
07-23-2008, 12:03 PM
I had similar problem you need to take your CD with drivers on it and install those. After installing drivers my laptop worked fine.

kagomeghe
08-04-2008, 01:19 AM
hi guys! my friend has a toshiba laptop...After he install a new fresh windows xp pro. Everything worked great except for the network. Hes using DSL ....using ethernet cable not wireless. But he still can't get to the network??? I tried install network adapter something but it didnt work! Help!

hello!

-- what is the exact model number of your router?
-- what is the operating system of your computer?
-- who is your internet service provider
-- is this working fine before or is this a brand new router

try this and see if this help solve your problem.

-- make sure that the driver of your LAN card or wireless adapter is properly installed, enabled and updated
-- try to check if you can get online if you are directly connected to the modem. if not, shut down your modem and restart laptop to check connection again, if you still dont get internet access call your ISP to verify connectivity
-- if you can get internet access while directly connected to the mode, connect your router, reset the router for 10secs and try connecting to the internet while the computer is physically connected o the router, if you cant get online make sure that the router settings are properly configured
-- if you can get online if you are directly connected to the router, make sure that the wireless settings on your router is configured properly, test your wireless connectivity and if you cant get online configure your wireless settings again

RickyTick
08-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Common word is every post is 's-u-p-p-o-r-t-r-i-x'. This all looks spammish to me.

The Wise Monkey
08-04-2008, 12:06 PM
I've given him a warning - hope he gets the message.

Rob
08-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Nice job, as always, mods.

Damlite
08-14-2008, 08:52 AM
If he's still reading this, I own a Toshiba Qosmio F45 laptop and sort of had the same problem with the wireless. All I did was unchecked "Check for server certificate revocation*" under Tools>Internet Options>Advanced" and removed any proxies under lan settings.

john123
03-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Guys. I had done everything. But no luck. Should i update bios or something?

Model: Toshiba Satellite A105-S4074

I had tried install everything..still didnt work. Even install another windows xp. The only thing i didnt try is updating the bios. I think am gonna try it tonite. Any recommendation....

john123
03-12-2009, 03:39 PM
oh guys...i did it...it worked after i've installed everything in toshibadirect.com

The Wise Monkey
03-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Congrats - glad you finally sorted this out. :)