PDA

View Full Version : Im a complete ignoramus :) but have question

ronigirl29
03-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I have just gotten a intel pentium d processor 805, my question being an almost complete computer illiterate is how do I know if its okay to use on my computer? Really a lame question I am sure but I am reasonably intelligent person , windows xp pro is what i am using unsure about rest of it but i can find out :)

RickyTick
03-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Need more information.

Can you tell us what kind of computer you have? Be specific.

ronigirl29
03-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks, I am not sure what it is my fiance put it together a mixed batch so to speak!! It started out in life as an HP, if you can tell me the key elements and where to check I can look as its not in a case!

chunkylover53
03-09-2008, 08:23 PM
No stupid questions here, as long as you don't take it personally if we assume you don't know certain things. Most importantly, we're trying to figure out the model of motherboard you have. This thing below.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/dc/Cusl2c.png/200px-Cusl2c.png

Some mobo's have the model number written on them somewhere. If it's the motherboard that was in the original HP, you can give us the model number for that and someone will look it up for you.

ronigirl29
03-09-2008, 11:24 PM
I will not take it personal at all my motherboard is way bigger than that and says cognac on it, I will try to get better light and look inside for more info in the morning, under devices under "motherboard resources" it says intel r 18201 aa lpc, under "computer" it says acpi uniprocessor pc does that help?:confused:

chunkylover53
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Is it the motherboard that came in the HP originally? If so, what model HP was it (ex. Pavillion 6535)?