PDA

View Full Version : mobo or power supply issue?

floydian
03-02-2008, 10:40 PM
I just built a new system with the following specs:

Shuttle SD30G2 Intel barebone case

Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz

2GB Corsair XMS2 RAM (240 pin DDR2)

WD1600AAJS Caviar SE 160GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive

Pioneer DVR-115DBK 20x DVD+R

Let me start off by acknowledging that I am very much a novice on the hardware side of computers. Everything installed easy (which is why I chose the Shuttle case) and after I powered it on I realized I forgot to plug in a keyboard, so I did and hit the reset button. For the rest of the night whenever I tried to power on the I got a black screen or "input signal out of range" message. So I left it until the next day and it fired up with no issues on the first try. Went into the setup and was monitoring the temp when after a few minutes I lost the power to my keyboard. When I powered the system back up I encountered the same screen issue as the previous night. This has been the pattern with the amount of time it takes for the keyboard to lose power decreasing. I have tried two different keyboards (USB and PS2) and am not sure what part(s) to look at as being bad. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

t17
03-14-2008, 11:07 AM
could be the motherboard. does the caps lock light come on when you hit it with the "no signal" on the monitor, i'm having a similar problem with the "no input" issue and i think it is linked to a faulty motherboard, is your case speaker connected, cna you hear the bios posting when you can't see what's on the monitor?