PDA

View Full Version : Computer training camps that I am going to so far

DemonicDerek
03-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Well, in 6th grade my teacher was a computer wiz and he noticed that I was too. So at a parent teacher conference he said "You need to put your son in as many computer classes as possible." well that time has arrived, and well this is going to be fun summer for me!:

Student Tech Support camp (we work for our school helping out with computers and this is the training camp)

There are more that i have to sign up yet but my mom said that there is one that would cost her thousands of dollars to sign me up for and I might be going

xeroatticus
06-19-2007, 11:51 PM
My friend goes to one of those camps every summer. He always comes back a lot paler, haha. But he's pretty useful whenever I need some quick help with something computer related.

The Wise Monkey
06-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I took it one step further - I am actually working for my old school as a Network Technician to pay for my rent over the summer. :)

xeroatticus
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Did you get some kind of certification already? Or did they just let you have the job?

The Wise Monkey
06-28-2007, 03:33 AM
Well, I sort of helped them out while I was in my final years - working after school for a few hours a week, doing odd jobs here and there, stuff like that. I also "tested" their security settings a few times... :D

By the time I came to look for a job, I knew more about the school network system that most of the other technicians! XD

xeroatticus
06-28-2007, 08:18 PM
And they hired you without certification? Sounds like you got a nice break there. The Cisco certification test I'm planning on taking is like 125 dollars to take, and it's very difficult. I didn't take it this year because I knew I'd just be sending 125$ down the hole.

The Wise Monkey
06-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Yeah, it was pretty sweet. :)

To be honest, my school isn't that large - only 1500 kids - so certification isn't that much of a problem. Plus its a school, so they are more concerned with being able to do really basic things well.

I do plan to go on some courses at some point, but not until I have finished my degree.

xeroatticus
06-30-2007, 10:50 AM
That's over twice the size of my school, but I'm guessing you're talking about College, and not High School. :p

The Wise Monkey
07-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Uhhh... can't remember. >.<

It goes from year 7 to year 13, so I'm not sure what that translates as.

xeroatticus
07-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Sounds like Junior High, I guess you would say.

The Wise Monkey
07-09-2007, 06:35 AM
This is where the differences between the UK and the US become quite annoying. :)