PDA

View Full Version : Slipstream Drivers

chunkylover53
02-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Is there a way to not just slipstream Windows updates, but also all of my updated drivers so that they will install with any new clean install I do on my new PC? There are a lot of good guides on the slipstream process, but I was wondering if anyone had a great guide that also includes updated drivers.

The Wise Monkey
02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Yes you can - check out http://driverpacks.net/ for more info. :)

chunkylover53
02-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks WM. I can't find the post, but I have this vague memory from a few months back. You said something to the effect of "I re-format my hard drive every 6 months". I forget what the topic was, but I got the sense that you start clean fairly often. It that right, or am I mixed up on that? If it's true, any advice or tips?

The Wise Monkey
02-24-2008, 03:17 PM
It is true - I do a lot of experimentation with my PC, so things can go wrong quite a lot. Because I have one HD for the OS and one HD for storage, I never lose that much - just various programs, which don't take that long to install anyways.

My advice would be to have a folder on the separate drive containing all the latest drivers for your system, and one containing all the programs you want. For example, I have the drivers for my mouse, keyboard, latest nvidia, latest mobo drivers and printer drivers. Another folder contains Open Office, Opera/Firefox, Thunderbird and a few other things. Everything else I have on CD or stored on my iPod. :)