PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2

iiiprimeiii
02-21-2008, 07:52 AM
anybody on here a tm2 fanatic. ever since i started playing i cant stop. i admit i am still a total newb and it but making improvements. anyone else on here playing???? any tips???? names???? etc????

The Wise Monkey
02-21-2008, 10:31 AM
I love TF2, as its much less serious that CS.

Add me on Steam friends - TheWiseMonkey. :)

shyster
02-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Ignoring graphics is the gameplay really that different from team fortress classic?

Do they have a considerably different range of weapons or skills that you can use?

I just personally could never get into TF, probably because as WiseMonkey said the lack of seriousness. I prefer games of skill and thinking in FPS's like Enemy Territory when the server had limited lives turned on, then you could not just run around trying to kill things without consequences.

iiiprimeiii
02-21-2008, 11:13 PM
sweet i added u. my id is PriiMe.

The Wise Monkey
02-22-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm actually in a TF2 clan, and then it does get more serious - tactics are a huge part of clan matches.

shyster
02-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, and this is again from TF original, so is counter-strike is team matches too, strategy I mean. Counter-strike however also relies on individual skill considerably, whereas I remember TF being more like run around in my super commando guy and just soak up bullets.

iiiprimeiii
02-22-2008, 05:40 PM
if u want to actually win in tf2 u do need a strategy or you can just play and run around and get blown up and shoot people. its fun though because of all the different characters u can be. i like the spy. :D

iiiprimeiii
03-13-2008, 01:47 PM
wise monkey.... how can i join a tf2 clan???? also just curious as to how u got the controls setup on ur keyboard and stuff. i think u and i have same mouse the deathadder???? i cant seem to get tf2 to recognize the 2 buttons by ur thumb. does it just not support those??

The Wise Monkey
03-13-2008, 02:08 PM
I use the thumb buttons for talking - front one for in game, back one for vent. I just went into the tf2 keyboard options, and pressed the button like a normal assignment, and it worked fine.

As for joining a clan, you need to sign up to something like http://www.cevo.com/ and search for a clan there. :)