PDA

View Full Version : I cannot load WD data lifeguard dos (cd)

bluegreen
02-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I was loading Windows XP pro when the power went out in my building. i have tried to reboot the cd but a get an error message saying the there was and error in the insatllation of the operating system, then i cannot do anything. I have downloaded the .iso file from Western Digital and burned it to a cd using roxio. I have my bios set to boot the cd-rom first. when i boot the cd i get a few lines of text then a blank screen for a minute and then get a message saying "unable to locate license agreement file,DLGICE.TXT!!! please make sure that the license agreement file is located in the same path as DLGDIAG.EXE..." i down loaded the data life guard from the wd page that MySuperPC is linked to. i am using a WD5000AAKS hard drive. I have asked everyone i know and search on the web and western digital website for hours without any luck. how can i get this program to work?

Lerxt
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I've seen your post a few times before - are you sure that your are getting the correct version of the ISO from the WD website? It appears that you have the diagnostics CD vs. the installation CD iso (DLG_V11_2.iso or DLG_V11_2.zip). The files you note are not on the Installation CD iso, so make sure you have the correct disc.

That said, it seems like a weird problem to have, mainly because the issues your are describing come from the CD not the drive or anything else you did. The power failure would only give your XP install some grief, and could have been recovered. But in any event, assuming you wanted to start fresh, booting from the WD disc should work.

The problem I think stems from a bad CD image or burn. What the software does is load up the EULA before you start and you need to acknowledge it. If it can't find it (why it can't I don't know), it won't work. So, maybe an e-mail to WD tech support describing your problem with the diagnostics CD should get you some more help.

Rob
02-20-2008, 08:14 PM
I think Lexrt is giving good advice. I'll relocate this post to the general help message board.

WorldConquest66
05-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I am having the same problems. I use Nero and choose the file with .ISO at the end. It is in the form of WInRar. I can't get it to work !!