PDA

View Full Version : Monitor will not wake up

Barrister73
02-19-2008, 08:56 PM
If my computer goes to sleep (fans stop, leds off), my monitor will not turn back on even when everything else does. There is no signal from the video card despite everything else working again. If I reset the system, everything works fine and it picks up where it was when in slept. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

MRR

RickyTick
02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought that was fixed in one of the Windows Updates a couple of months ago.

shyster
02-20-2008, 11:05 AM
I think it might be an issue with the p5kc. That is the motherboard you are running right?

Blame all problems on the p5kc!

I am joking when I say this, but I did see someone else having this issue somewhere else, and it might have actually been in regards to the p5kc.

Either that or just disable sleep mode.

chunkylover53
02-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Same thing for me, but I don't usually have to reset. If it's asleep and I press the power button, it "wakes up" and brings me right back to where I was. It doesn't reboot, and the programs I was running before it went to sleep are still up and running right where they were.

Barrister73
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Yes, I have the P5KC.

I think the the other person's problem was that he no longer gets information to the monitor at all (like Boba's and my first problem). I do get the information, I just need to reset the computer first.

I'll just monkey around with the system and see if I can find the problem. Just thought that someone out there might already know the solution.

MRR

shyster
02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
If you have tried just pushing the power button instead of holding it down, and it still does not wake up from sleep mode.

My next question would be which OS are you running? There is apparently some issue with Vista's hybrid sleep mode which can cause this problem it seems.

Barrister73
02-20-2008, 08:50 PM
The computer itself seems to wake up just fine (fans spin, LEDs light). I'm just not getting any video signal to the monitor when it wakes.

I'm running Vista 64

MRR

shyster
02-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Try checking the hybrid sleep thing, if that is on, turn it off and see if sleep mode works then.