PDA

View Full Version : System Device Question Mark

bootsy72
02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
When I go to system devices, there is a question mark next to the PCI Device. I cannot figure out how to make it go away. Help please?

I have a p5n-e mb
nvidia 7300 le graphics card

bootsy72
02-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Oops.. it's under "Other devices" then there is a question mark next to PCI device

iiiprimeiii
02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_install_windows_operating_system.shtml

read through here and u should find the answer. i believe it is there because u need to install or update the driver for ur video card.

bootsy72
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
It turns out that I needed to install some raid thing... I don't even use RAID, so I wasn't installing some driver for it.. that was the problem.. it's gone now.. system still won't be stable though with my wolfdale on the p5n-e...

I have a sata harddrive and sata rom... I have nothing pata... Thus I turned off Onchip IDE channel0 and Onchip IDE channel1 + IDE DMA Transfer Access + IDE Prefetch Mode.. is that ok?

iiiprimeiii
02-20-2008, 05:35 PM
should be. dont see why not as long as u have nothing ide. did u already install ur latest video card driver??? i dont see why ? mark would be next to pci device and it says u need some raid driver if u dont use raid.

shyster
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
The only thing that I could guess would be that you might have plugged an sata device into a raid sata port? That might be causing the system to think there is some raid device that needs initialization.