PDA

View Full Version : A Suspicious Script

Carrym
03-23-2007, 05:28 AM
My PC is attacked by a Suspicious Script called "NTDETECT.exe" which is harming my PC's parformences. It's symtom is when i double click on my disk drives to open then cz of this script drives dont open. Instead my virus guard notify me about this script. It also denies me to unplug any removable drive. Can anybody tell me how I could get rid of this without formatting my HDD.
I would be grateful.

DemonicDerek
03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
So what your saying it is physically able to keep you from pulling out a flash drive or something like that wow! some virus. lol
Well if it an EXE then go to your start menu hit search enter the name of the file in search my entire c: drive ect. Then when you find it right click it and select delete then go to your recycle bin and empty it.

Rob
03-23-2007, 07:41 PM
A quick Google search shows that ntdetect is associated with being a virus. I didn't really see a particularly good reference on how to remove it, although it's possible that common anti-virus utilities like Norton and AVG may do it.

DemonicDerek
03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Well from my experiances of norton everytime I told norton to delete something it always said it failed so I don't know if norton would do the jov