02-17-2008, 03:56 PM
What are common temperature ranges?

I have P5KC with e8400.

SpeedFan says;
System - 29C
CPU - 54C under load
Video - 129C

All this is without any overclocking.

I think the video one is just plain wrong. When it was in my other computer, it would be about 50C while gaming. I've downloaded the newest control panel for the video to see if that will give me a different reading, but it crashes every time I try to access that part of the program. I'll try to fix it, but I think I'll decided I don't care about it before I actually find the solution.

Any other program I should use to monitor temp?

MRR

The Wise Monkey
02-17-2008, 05:22 PM
What video card are you using? 129C is just wrong - your card would probably catch fire at that temperatute.

Barrister73
02-17-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm using Evga 7900 GS KO.

Fan is spinning just fine. Loudest thing in my case, but still not very loud. As I said, I believe the monitoring program to be incorrect.

MRR

The Wise Monkey
02-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Use nVidia's nTune: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

This is really good for temperature monitoring, as well as overclocking if you want to. :)

JasonG
02-18-2008, 12:02 PM
Strange that speedfan is giving you the wrong temp. I also have a 7900gs and speedfan reads correctly. With the stock cooler it got up to ~75C playing the Crysis demo. All other games resulted in lower temps. Now with the Accelero S1, it maxes at 48C overclocked by 100Mhz. :)

For CPU loaded, 54C is just fine, but be careful becuase for my E6750 I had to offset the temp that Speedfan was reading by +15C in order for it to read the correct temp. Use the latest version of CoreTemp to verify your CPU temps (as a check against speedfan).

Barrister73
02-18-2008, 07:19 PM
nTune is what keeps shutting down. If I do any attempt to monitor more than fan speed, my computer freezes. I'll probably do a search for the problem in a few days. All other programs are running smoothly, so my concern with the temperature is more curiousness than a need.

Unless I'm mistaken, I cannot run CoreTemp on Vista 64.

MRR