PDA

View Full Version : Adding New HD - Quick Q's

Carrym
03-23-2007, 05:26 AM
I finally bought myself another HD tonight, as the 80gig one I have not is not nearly enough. I was just wondering if I should transfer Windows over to my newer, faster, and much bigger hard drive, or leave it isolated on my old one? My new hard drive is definately superior, as it has 16mb cache as opposed to 8mb, is 250gb vs. 80gb, and will be on SATA connection rather than IDE. If I were to transfer Windows over to my new one, will I be forced to delete everything I have on my old HD, or can is there an easy way to do it? Thanks for any and all help.

DemonicDerek
03-23-2007, 07:28 PM
I believe there is a way to do this however I am not sure on how but I think Rob may know.

Rob
03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "transfer Windows". Are you looking to add the new hard drive to your existing computer. And the existing 80GB hard drive already has your applications and data on it? If so then you may want to clone your old hard drive onto your new one. Then use the 80GB hard drive as a second hard drive. I'm not sure I'm answering your question, though.