PDA

View Full Version : wellsfargo.com causing lockups

Sundaypostman
02-15-2008, 10:19 PM
i have recently been overclocking my q6600 and thought i had a stable setting at 3.15ghz. i was able to play games like Company of Heroes and Half-life 2 no problem, but as soon as i tried opening the wells fargo home page my computer would lock up. if it didn't lock up on the main page, it would lock up after i logged in. so i tried upping my voltage one step and that fixed the problem. so i did some experimenting with the factory clock speed and voltages and noticed the same thing, that if my voltage was too low i would not be able to open wellsfargo.com. I thought it was something interesting and maybe someone else could try it and see if it does it to their systems. thanks!

The Wise Monkey
02-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Is this serious? Or are you trying to get people to go to this website... :/

Sorry, but we've had trouble with advertising users here in the past.

shyster
02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I do not know if it is definitely serious, but I know that on my current computer at least one of my fans is dead so it overheats after 30 minutes to an hour.

Getting to the part that relates however, certain websites cause my system resources to go out of control and kill my computer that much faster. So it is possible that a bad overclocking could cause the same thing, in a different sense I would think.

Sundaypostman
02-19-2008, 05:54 PM
it's completely serious. it's just the one website that causes my computer to lockup.

JasonG
02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Seemed to work fine on my PC although I don't have a user and password to login.