PDA

View Full Version : quick antec 900 question

Spiffs
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
hi,

this may sound dumb since i have this case, but when you put the antec 900 on stand-by are the lights and fans supposed to shut off until you re-activate the system?

I'm asking this because when i put stand-by the lights and fans stay on, and i think it's because of my wireless keyboard and mouse software :(

RickyTick
02-07-2008, 01:46 PM
That's an intgeresting question.

When I first put mine together, it would go into a "sleep" mode if I wasn't using it for several minutes. Actually the screensaver would come on first, and if I still didn't use it for a while it would go to "sleep". At that point, the fans and lights would go out. If I pressed the power button, it would come right on and be at the desktop,

However, a couple of months ago, it stopped doing that. Now it will go to sleep but the fans and lights stay on. If I touch the mouse, my desktop appears. I thought it was something that was fixed in a Windows Update, because I didn't make any changes.

Spiffs
02-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Hmm, well i was suspecting my logitech software to be the one to blame because my friend also has an antec 900 and said that his lights and fans would go off on standby,
but after he installed the same software the lights and fans stay on...

maybe i should try removing that software to see if it works

Spiffs
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
i tried completely removing the logitech software but the lights and fans still stay on during standby...

any suggestions about what could be causing this?