PDA

View Full Version : First Boot!!!

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 09:33 PM
so i am not sure if this is a problem but on my first boot the screen kept going through all this stuff and i never went through cmos utility setup to load fail safe. im not sure if it just did it automatically cuz it happened so fast but i made it all the way to the
Verifying DMI Pool Data ...........
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER
so am i all good so far???? also the af7 is SUPER SUPER quiet. i really had to look at it to make sure it was actually spinning :D :D very happy with it. ps.. i guess the giga p35c is working fine so far.

chunkylover53
02-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Same thing with me. I was messing around with my monitor and never started hitting the delete key to enter the bios. I turned off the power, and re-started and began hitting del key right away. That got me into the bios and I loaded setup defaults.

To be honest though, I think these newer motherboards come with defaults loaded, and if you got to the INSERT SYSTEM DISK screen you are probably good to go. Keep moving forward!

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 11:08 PM
yep i didnt hit del key. i got it and just finished hooking up all my fans and was left with 3 unplugged cords. 1 from psu, and 2 from case. the ones from case are labeled 1394 (which i think is usb cable), and the other is split into 2 connecters one says hd audio and one says AC 97. any ideas???

chunkylover53
02-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Don't connect the 1394 cable to a usb connector! be back in a sec.

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 11:15 PM
lol im dumb. i was looking at mobo and i already connected usb. the 1394 is for firewire or i.Link. but still not sure what hd audio is for. i have a f audio plug in i can connect it too and then that ac97 im not sure about either. i think i am all set now to install os.:D

chunkylover53
02-06-2008, 11:18 PM
Page 29 in the motherboard manual for the ac97

chunkylover53
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM
The 1394 is for front panel firewire port, but I'm not sure you have a connector for it on the motherboard that I can find, but then again I don't have your MOBO. Not that important right now anyway. Loading the OS... in the home stretch!

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 11:28 PM
u got same mobo??? guess my cables left over just need tucked away!!! tell u what sata drives way to go. i used sata hard drive and just ide dvd burner and dvd optical drive that big huge ribbon is a pain in the a$$. especially putting it around the HUGE 8800gts (g92) makes case look messy i will definitely be upgrading to sata just for looks.....im kinda anal sometimes:D well vista is going in nicely so far!!

chunkylover53
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
No, I downloaded the P35C manual real quick... you know, just helpin out :) . I'll tell you, Rob was right about one thing and your about to see it in a few minutes. There is nothing more satisfying than seein a clean copy of windows up on screen without all the cr-p that comes loaded on a factory built pc. :D

PS It also looks like you connect EITHER the AC97 OR the HDA, but not both. Good luck the rest of the way, I'm goin to bed.

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 11:47 PM
thanks for the help and support tonight :D . i know what u mean it will be nice just having a nice clean os. ps it is beautiful. got it all done.

iiiprimeiii
02-07-2008, 02:31 AM
so robs guide says to go to start and run and run dxdiag. i dont have a "run" button on start menu (vista) to run that and check for errors. can i do it another way???

The Wise Monkey
02-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Windows key + R