PDA

View Full Version : got the parts!!!!!!

iiiprimeiii
02-05-2008, 10:00 PM
so i got all my parts in and am building right now. it is very overwhelming all the parts and cables. anyone have a antec 900 and a floppy??? i cant get mine to be flush it sticks out a little no matter how i put it in adapter. do i really need it or can i leave it out???? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

shyster
02-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Congratz!

That said, I would say check the manual, but other than that I do not have my parts yet so I could not give you any advice.

Good luck and hopefully it goes well.

By the way did you get the giga p35 or the asus p5kc?

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
giga p35c.

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 01:09 AM
so i have everything installed in my case and got the 4 pin 12v connected to mobo from psu and the 24 pin from psu to mobo and pwr and reset. i also got cpu cooler hooked up but now i am lost with all other connections. i was following robs guide but it is getting really confusing since i have different parts. i have antec 900, e8400 w/ af7, 8800gts (g92), giga p35c, corsair 520hx and 2GB xms2 ddr2 ram. i put ram in ddr2 1 and ddr2 3 is that right??? manual says with 2 sticks put them in same colors which is ddr2-1 and ddr2-3. now i still need to connect my HD(sata), Video card, all case fans, and i have a dvd/cd burner and just a dvd/cd reader drive that need hooked up(not sata). i need to hook up to ide and make one master and slave somehow???? any help would be great im getting confused trying to go by robs guide since its totally different parts. :( :confused: :( :eek:

The Wise Monkey
02-06-2008, 06:27 AM
The connections should be pretty much the same - a SATA/IDE port is the same on any motherboard...

If you are in doubt, follow the manual as they usually know what they mean. Because Rob used a different motherboard, the RAM configuration will be different, but you should put the sticks in *looks at his own motherboard* the DDRII-1 and the DDRII-3 slots - match up the colours. :)

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 08:50 AM
i know the sata/ide are same. i guess where i am really confused is all the cords that came with psu and what they go to. it could also be cause i was up till 2 am building and really tired. but do u know anything about the master and slave drive??? id like to use just dvd rom for gaming and stuff and use burner only when i need to but also want to be able to put a cd/dvd in rom and have it burn straight to burner. if that makes sense...

The Wise Monkey
02-06-2008, 01:55 PM
It doesn't make much difference with optical drives as to which is the master and which is the slave, and SATA drives are all automatically master drives, so there is no problem there.

Building a computer at 2am is not necessarily the best idea. :)

iiiprimeiii
02-06-2008, 07:06 PM
well i started at about 9 and ended at 2, time just flew by. also should i hook up monitor with vga cord or dvi. does it matter?

The Wise Monkey
02-07-2008, 05:45 AM
DVI is usually better quality.