PDA

View Full Version : Will these work?

connallon
03-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Never used message board before. Preparing to retire decided 1st proj build high end PC. I bought Rob's book Researching Build#2 I found hardware that was faster/larger capacity and I put together a list of all items I plan to purchase before purchase I would be grateful if someone wud look over the list and let me know if they were all compatible & cud I follow tutorial to put it all together.Here goes:
AntecKit -atx 12 v 450 watt
Asus M2N32 SLI Deluxe AMD ATHLON AM 2 ATX
AMD 64 X2 DUAL CORE 5200+
ram CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1GB 240PIN DDR21000
ATI RADEON X 1650 PRO 512
CREATVE SOUNDBLASTER X FI XTREME GAMER
WESTDIG CAVIAR SE 16 500GB 7200RPM
SONY DRU 830A DVD+RW DRIVE
MODEM DIAMOND 56k V92 pci
Of course any recommendations or suggestions will be appreciated. I am looking fwd to retirement & I am pumped about building my new PC. Thanks in advance. John Connallon connallon@comcast.net

Rob
03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
It all looks good and very similar to the PC I'm building now.

connallon
03-19-2007, 12:34 PM
:) Tnks for quick response to will this work. I have built a few Heath kits and am reasonably adept @ following instructions. Looking thru your book ( pgs75 - 77) the BIOS section is a bit disconcerting. When I try 1st boot will my screen show exact same data as your book shows?
YOUR instructions are great but since I am using different motherboard I am concerned that where you say things like " check the manual for your motherboard" the instructions will be way over my head. I can follow YOUR instructions will I be able to follow my motherboard instructions?
On pg 18 of book you mention"Motherboard Accessories" and list quite a few items " you may not need but are hard to find" .Where do I purchase " Motherboard Accessories"?
Lastly if I may I will offer a suggestion. YOUR instructions are terriffic except when you identify items by the COLOR they are circled with. The book is printed in Black & White so one cannot tell blue circle fm green circle. Suggest you circle in color AND mark area with a number or letter: refer to part X as circled in yellow marked with # 1, part Y circled in blue marked with # 2 etc.
Thanks for your help and fast reply. I retire in mid April and will start my "build" in May. Thanks again