PDA

View Full Version : antec 900 build

iiiprimeiii
02-03-2008, 02:56 PM
so i have noticed quite a few people on here have used antec 900 to build. i will start mine on wed. hopefully... all parts supposed to be here by tuesday. just wondering if they was any tips or things i may need for build. i know a anti static wrist strap but do i need any "special" tools. do i have to use demagnitized tools??? id really like to not mess anything up.:eek: :eek:

AFMedic
02-03-2008, 03:04 PM
i saw a guy on youtube with an antec 900 case and he had to bore 4 large holes on the back panel to make cable management look clean. he also had to get some extenders. check this out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qnePBkCor1E

iiiprimeiii
02-03-2008, 03:13 PM
wow there are so many videos for this case on youtube. thats crazy!!! i hope i dont have to drill holes everywhere and make exstensions....................................... ...........................:(

RickyTick
02-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Since the psu is in the bottom of the case, the cpu power cable needs to be kind of long. It depends on the psu, but my cable goes right over the video card. Its not real pretty, but its fine. You shouldn't need to drill any holes unless you are going out of your way to make your cable management extra neat.

Spiffs
02-03-2008, 07:04 PM
my build went fine with antec 900 and i didn't need anti static stuff but i was in the basement, also i was too worried to use magnetic tools so try to avoid them just incase.

And as Ricky said, you don't need to make any holes unless you really want to, not many people make extra holes.

good luck with the build, its a great case :)

iiiprimeiii
02-05-2008, 07:42 AM
so would anyone like to maybe post some pics of the inside so i can sorta get an idea. i can be kind of anal about things sometimes and might want to go for extra neat unfortunately..