PDA

View Full Version : Any XFIRE users here?

Jamie Nixx
02-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Thought this would be a good place to start, see if there are any decent gamers on here ;) :D

Basically you put your XFIRE name down so anyone who has it can add you ect.

Anyway my addy is uberpowerman :p

RickyTick
02-03-2008, 09:01 AM
My clan uses Ventrilo. Never tried xfire. Tell me about it.

Jamie Nixx
02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Its basically like MSN for gamers, it also has probably the most extensive server browser in the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfire

I can't explain it to you any better than Wiki though lol.

RickyTick
02-03-2008, 12:39 PM
OK, so its a IM service. Is is just IM, or is it voice communication also?

RickyTick
02-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Sorry, I just went back and read again. It does offer voice chat through voip.

Looks cool. I'll give it a try.

Thanks

The Wise Monkey
02-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Heh, I never use MSN, let alone XFire. I'm sure I had it at one point, but my clan uses forums and vent to communicate. :)

shyster
02-04-2008, 11:38 AM
X-fire is not affiliated with MSN right? I thought microsoft was coming out with there own POS gaming servers. (<--I have no love for microsoft)

So is X-fire going to be the new rage? Like roger wilco, icq, and gamespy combined?

I am just wondering since the only games my computer has been able to support up until now was blizzard games, and they thankfully have a unified server system, for the most part.

With this new computer I hope to start playing some of the new games.

The Wise Monkey
02-04-2008, 02:12 PM
X-fire has been around for ages, and is probably one of the most widely used IM programs amongst gamers. And no, its not associated with Microsoft. :)

shyster
02-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Well "ages" is a relative thing, I do not know how old you are, or for how long you have been playing games. However back when I was really into it, there was no unified program that did it all, of course back then most people were either on dial up or t3 lines.

That was of course the reference about roger wilco (the voip program), icq (the find your friends online program), and gamespy (the find games to play in program). Things were so much more difficult back then :p .

The Wise Monkey
02-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Yup yup. :)

Although no-one likes Steam, it sure makes life easier sometimes.

DirtyRasa
12-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I personally like xfire, not only for the im/voice, but becuase it adds up your total gaming hours. It keeps track of what you play and for how long you play it.
Anyways my name is gecola