PDA

View Full Version : New Motherboard and CPU

Sundaypostman
02-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Yesterday I got a XFX nForce 680i LT motherboard with a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600. Upon hooking everything up, i received no video, and no beeps and can't even get to bios. The fans and everything turn on also. The motherboard is out of the case and ram i am using is Corsair Dual Channel TWINX 2x1024. i tried using only one stick of ram in different slots and both sticks, still nothing. so i whipped out one of my old dell motherboards with LGA775 socket, and put my Q6600 in it, still nothing. Then i tried my old pentium 4 LGA775 in my new motherboard, and got nothing. Then just to test, my old motherboard with my old processor, and i reached the bios screen just fine. does this mean that both my processor and motherboard i received from tigerdirect are bad? was hoping someone can help me before i RMA. also my psu is a 550v Ultra that also was works when i plug in my old processor and motherboard. thanks.

Sundaypostman
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
also monitor i am using is a dell lcd that still works, but just to check i hooked it up to my 32 inch hd tv and still nothing. The video card i am using is an XFX Geforce 8600 GTS. it also is in working condition after testing it on another system. thanks again.