PDA

View Full Version : got all the suggested parts and it won't start

snark
01-30-2008, 08:36 PM
A little bummed that I bought everything on the list as suggested and then went to build it and found that a different board was used as an example! I really hoped to do everything exactly as it was explained as this was my first time. Now I can't boot it up. I called asus and they said that the board (M2n32 sli delux w/wifi) has to be sent back to be upgraded for the chip (amd 6400+). Says that will take 2 weeks plus the cost of shipping. He asked me if I had a lesser cpu that I could swap in to upgrade the bios with. ANy advice here? Cuz I don't.

The Wise Monkey
01-31-2008, 06:30 AM
Someone else just asked about the exact same problem as you, and I will give the same advice that I gave them - ASUS usually know what they are doing, so you should follow what they say. :)

iiiprimeiii
01-31-2008, 08:13 AM
that is the same person as in the other thread.:D :eek: :D

Rob
01-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Ugh. Sorry you ran into trouble. That's a new one on me. I've updated the recommendation on my home page for the ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition with a note about this.

Motherboard Recommendations (http://www.mysuperpc.com/#Build A Computer Like My Super PC - Cost To Build A Computer - Motherboard)