PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate question: Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo?

xeroatticus
03-15-2007, 03:36 PM
The battle for which company is best has been raging ever since Sony released the Playstation to compete with Nintendo. When Microsoft released the Xbox, a whole new side of the argument appeared. But which side are you on?

Me, I'm a Nintendo fan, for the most part. They may not have the best graphics, but in my opinion, they are best with creating games with awesome sorylines and features.

Note*: I'm sure you guys will remain civil about this, but if any arguments break out in this thread I'll have to close it.

DemonicDerek
03-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Here's how I see whats going on:

Microsoft: Has a great console that is affordable yet has good graphics.

Nintendo: Has a great console that is amzingly fun to play and is extremely cheap.

Sony: Has a console with awesome specs and yet it's headed toward death row.

DON'T BOTHER ARGUING ME BECAISE THIS IS MY OPINION AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GET A LIFE.

However I was a Microsoft Fan, but when I played the wii at my cousin's house I immediately became a Fan of Nintendo as well. So in other words I am a fan of Microsoft and Nintendo, and I think Sony has some kinks to work out in their marketing scheme.

xeroatticus
03-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I agree with most of your post. Sony does have a great system, but the price is a bit much. I've yet to play the Wii, to be honest. I need to get around to doing that.

DemonicDerek
03-15-2007, 11:09 PM
as I've said I have played the wii:

IT WAS THE MOST AWESOME THING I'VE PLAYED EVEN ON A SCREEN ONLY 10" BIG.

however it can be danerous if you aren't careful!

Examples from:
Wiihaveaproblem.com

I could have played bowling for days!

Hey on youtube some guy made this hilarious video and some professional singer made the song to go with it here is the movie click here to go to the movie on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w)

xeroatticus
03-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I'd watch that, but I use a dial-up connection and it takes far too long to load up a video. :(

grmokbel
08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
The battle for which company is best has been raging ever since Sony released the Playstation to compete with Nintendo. When Microsoft released the Xbox, a whole new side of the argument appeared. But which side are you on?

Me, I'm a Nintendo fan, for the most part. They may not have the best graphics, but in my opinion, they are best with creating games with awesome sorylines and features.

Note*: I'm sure you guys will remain civil about this, but if any arguments break out in this thread I'll have to close it.

Well with the release of the XBOX 360, I'm now 100% decided that I'm a microsoft guy. I was leaning towards Sony all because of Guitar Hero, since I'm a huge fan, but I was really regretting the fact that Playstation 2 could not load Halo or Halo 2.

Now that the 360 is out at a cheaper cost then the PS3, with Guitar Hero II and III(soon to come i believe?) and all 3 halo's, Playstation 2/ Playstation 3 plays NO CONTEST.

The Wise Monkey
08-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Hmm, my first ever console was a NES that my mum got cheap from her work (she worked at IBM), so I started with Nintendo. As well as countless gameboys over the years, I had a SNES at one point too.

Then, I got a Playstation and have been a Sony fan ever since - I currently have a PS2, and I'm not buying anything else for a while.

Although, I would be tempted if a cheap n64 came available - Super Smash Brothers, Mario 64, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, Zelda etc are reasons enough to buy an n64.

jonm888
11-20-2007, 02:28 PM
As someone that has all three systems (PS3, xbox 360, wii), I would say that the xbox 360 is the best for games. It has the most games and the best exclusives. Plus xbox live is really good, where PSN is a sorry attempt by sony at online gaming. The ps3 is climbing with uncharted, and Ratchet and Clank. Unfortunately the ps3 is suffering the same fate as the xbox did last generation. The ps3/original xbox, was more powerful, but since the install base is smaller, most developers scale back the graphic capabilities to the weaker system (xbox 360/ps2). I didn't think the xbox 360 was weaker than teh ps3 for a long time, but after seeing Ratchet and Clank, and Uncharted, I don't think the xbox 360 can handle something that looks that good.

The Wii, while fun initially, really starts getting boring after playing as many warioware clones, game after game. I haven't played mario galaxy yet, so that might make me blow the dust off of the wii.

xeroatticus
12-27-2008, 10:59 PM
It certainly seems like more people have a 360 than any other system, at least in my town. I can count the number of people I know with a Wii on both hands and a PS3 on one.

The Wise Monkey
12-28-2008, 04:10 AM
I bought a PS3 recently, and I think that I made the right choice. Graphics are amazing, plus I'm already used to the controller. :)