PDA

View Full Version : vid card and 8500kbit video (8.5mbit)

bgd6728
01-26-2008, 11:33 PM
I downloaded a samle vid..ran in surges. Haven't seen that since my 3000 dollar pentium 2. Anyway here are my specs and am assuming it is vid card (seems to be the routine)

!! 9550se air cooled vid
cpu is a 2.8e big buffer
1024mb ram dual channel (tested in dos boot up..above average very good)
8mb buffered 7200rpm wd at 80gb..faster than the average even in bigger computers and tested more than once a year (same freaky results- it has even matched a sata)
Got antec cobra something cables for ide, that could be the winner for my hdd
anyway I got 8x regular agp..and would love a cheap air cooled bigger. Any ideas? an msi build would be good, but I do not see any bigger than what I have. All tasks for me are right up to date, encoding especially when comparisons are made. gaining a little bit and scrapping my favorite 2 year old build is by no means an option just yet. I got the "daddy" to the dual cores and it proves it. Playback is no doubt my vid card choking, the specs agree.
whats a good cheap air cooled that can do big rate 8+mbit videos? I can't stand little buzzing fans on failing vid chips (thats what fans on vid cards trigger in my mind from the last seven years of torture) A smart choice out there for 8x agp? anybody?

EDIT: I am hyper threaded.
EDIT2: oh..I seem to stop at 6mbit. Coincidentally virtual dub and ms mpeg 4 have that as the limit as well. (does it get that number to limit from somewhere other than my system?)