mobo: Asus P5KC
RAM: CORSAIR 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
PSU: Corsair HX520w
GPU: evga 8800GT 512MB
hd: Western Digital Caviar SE16 500GB
Optical: Samsung DVD+/-R w/lightscribe
case: Antec 900
Samsung floppy drive
generic zip drive (just because I have one and I can)
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

I hooked up the processor, cooler, fans, RAM, video card, all case wires. No floppy, optical, or hdd yet. My boards green light is on (good), all fans are spinning, including Arctic Cooler and GPU fan, LEDs are lit. No beep, no video. I tries taking out the RAM, still no beep. I guess I'll try removing the 8800 next. Any suggestions?

chunkylover53
01-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I never actually got a beep from the P5KC, but I kept motoring through. I'm not sure I've ever gotten a beep from this thing, except when it was bad news. I had no video at the same point as you, and it turned out my monitor was set to vga input instead of DVI.

BobaFettK
01-26-2008, 06:16 PM
My monitor is a 7 year old VGA CRT monitor. I'm using the vga adapter that came with the vid card. I also get no error beeps when I boot with the vid card or the Memory completely removed. This is so frustrating!

chunkylover53
01-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I wouldn't wait on the beeps. Pop the memory back in as well as the video video card, and re-check everything on the checklist again. Then post a couple more pictures after you have everything connected, including a couple of close ups, and hopefully the WM will be logged on soon to come to the rescue!

BobaFettK
01-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I tried all that, and still no video signal. I'm worried I got a bum mobo or a damaged cpu. I posted a ? in the main forum about the latter issue. Can I remove the heatsink/cooler to inspect the processor for damage, then just reassemble the unit? Or would I have to buy thermal paste to apply to the heatsink since I already attached it once? (It's an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.)

Jamie Nixx
01-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Try resetting the CMOS (refer to manual).

Put one stick of ram in slot A1, no others just one.

Make sure everything is plugged in properly, check, double check and triple check, don't worry dude, EVERYONE has experienced no booting after a build, its so common.

BobaFettK
01-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks Jamie. I've already tries the CMOS several times, as well as one/two sticks of RAM, and even trying one of my two sticks instead of the other in case the first stick was bad. Is there any chance that the 8800GT is just unable to send a signal through the VGA adapter to a CRT monitor on a first boot? Would I get a picture if I used an HDI monitor? I know the monitor works, I just hooked it up to my laptop and my old desktop to check it. Jamie, do you think that the mobo might be working properly even if I get NO beeps at all no matter what, even with no vid card or no RAM installed?

BobaFettK
01-26-2008, 07:19 PM
Here a some admittedly crappy photos. I know the 8800 is in the wrong PCI slot there. I was just trying it in the 2nd one to see if it would change anything. See any glaring problems?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/BobaFettK/Picture013.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/BobaFettK/Picture014.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/BobaFettK/Picture011.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/BobaFettK/Picture009.jpg

chunkylover53
01-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Is it me, or does this Antec case NOT come with a system speaker? In other words, we'll never hear the post beep or system warnings, correct? :confused:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245244-28-antec-building-tips

Jamie Nixx
01-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Correct it doesn't have a speaker.

Have you secured the CPU cooler?

Are you sure you are not installing the memory in the DDR3 slots?

Have you made sure EVERYTHING is plugged in and that everthing has adequate power?

What happens when it tursn on, does everything spin up? fans ect?

Have you plugged in the CPU power connector? it has four plugs in a square, your PC WILL NOT boot if this isn't plugged in.

Is the GPU plugged in?

BobaFettK
01-26-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes to all, and still nothing. I even hooked up all the SATA stuff just now...DVD-ROM bay opens/closes, all fans spin, including Arctic Cooler and 8800 GT fans, LEDs are lit, USB drives have power (I hooked up my mp3 player to a couple and it turned on and started charging. My only thoughts (besides a lemon mobo) are that it's strange that the keyboard has no lights functioning (it's usb--do I need a PS2 keyboard for bios setup?), and the monitor clicks when I press the reset button on the case, which makes me think the monitor is getting SOMETHING from the gpu, but what? I'm going to try hooking up the S Video on the 8800 to my TV next, just to make sure it's not the monitor hookup...I'll report back.

BobaFettK
01-26-2008, 09:45 PM
No luck with the S video out on the 8800GT, either. Could the problem be with the video card? I know the 520HX is supposed to be up for anything, but the amps on its 12-volt rails are lower than the recommended settings for that video card. Could it be that the card isn't getting enough power?

I wish I had another video card to pop in and test!

:mad:

The Wise Monkey
01-27-2008, 06:54 AM
It could be a problem with your card. Try putting a CD into the drive, and listen to see whether it gets read or not.

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 07:48 AM
I put in the NERO cd-rom that came with my optical drive. The green light on the drive flashed a few times, I heard a subtle whine while the cd was spinning. It sure sounds like it was trying to read the cd.

The video card as the culprit doesn't explain why I get no keyboard functionality. I mean, I can't know that for sure, since there's no video, but shouldn't the caps lock and num lock keys work and light up when I press them? It IS a usb keyboard--do I need PS2 for my first boot?

I DID notice while removing and reinstalling wires and components last night that the gold-colored notch on the 8800GT that is closest to the fan-end of the gpu looks a little "chewed". I just thought this was a set of grooves for the little plastic latch on the motherboard to grab onto. But maybe it's damaged?

The plastic semi-sticky covering that was supposed to be protecting the surface of the 8800gt card was peeling of and folded back at an awkward angle when I opened the box. Could this have resulted in damage to the card during packaging or shipment? Again, thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far.

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 08:22 AM
Here's a photo of the notch on the video card that I think looks damaged. Is it supposed to have those "teeth" there?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii74/BobaFettK/Picture018.jpg

JasonG
01-27-2008, 09:14 AM
The tab that you are referring to in the photo simply secures the card to the MB. It's not that.

Jamie Nixx
01-27-2008, 09:27 AM
You could try using a Ps2 keyboard for the first boot.

Trust me mate, the PSU is one of the very best premium power supplies that has probably even been made, it would run any setup around.

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 09:50 AM
PS2 keyboard=no change, and still no video. I've tried the power cables that came with the psu as well as the cables that came with the 8800GT.

I'm buying a retail BFG 8800GT from a local store later this morning to test out. If that one doesn't work, at least I'll know the problem isn't with the video card.

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 10:01 AM
This is the RAM I'm using:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145184

That brand should work in this motherboard, right? I've tried it with both DIMMs and with only one. I've tried it with no RAM at all. No matter what, no video signal. The only change is that with the RAM in, when I reset everything in the case continues to spin constantly and stay lit up, and the only indication that the system has reset is the static noise from the monitor. Without the RAM, if I press reset the whole system shuts down for a few seconds, then restarts.

With both instances of resetting, the monitor makes that static electricity noise (degauss, I think?) which tells me it THINKS it's getting a video signal. But the light stays yellow and the screen stays blank.

Jamie Nixx
01-27-2008, 10:07 AM
As soon as you turn the PC on, keep pressing the Delete key on the keyboard so it boots into the Bios, the monitor may turn on.

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 10:18 AM
No luck with that either. As I mentioned before, I don't think the computer is even detecting the keyboard. I get not response from any of the keys, and the lights don't go on/off when I press NUM lock/CAPS lock.

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Well, it's not the video card. I just installed a BFG 8800GT, and still no signal.

Could be the monitor, I suppose. I KNOW the monitor works, but maybe it can't handle the signal even with the DVI/VGA adapter. I'll have to see if anyone I know has a DVI monitor they'll let me borrow for a couple hours. If I try a DVI-ready monitor and it still doesn't work, what's the next step? RMA the motherboard? (What a pain that will be, especially since I don't know if that's the problem.)

BobaFettK
01-27-2008, 12:49 PM
Well, it's not the monitor. I hooked up a flat-panel DVI monitor to the vid card and it still received no signal whatsoever. Between that, the fact that I already know the problem isn't with the psu or the vid card, I'm of the opinion that the problem is with the motherboard. I know a lot of Newegg customers have had to RMA the P5KC. Maybe I got a lemon.

Any suggestions on other things I should try before I go to Newegg and submit the RMA request and pull the processor from the board?

Afterthought:

Can I flash the BIOS using a USB flash drive without having keyboard and video? In other words, will it detect the file on a usb drive and install automatically when I power on?

The Wise Monkey
01-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Well, you've tried pretty much everything else, so the motherboard is really the only thing left that could be wrong. Its really annoying when it happens, but it sounds like thats the problem now.

chunkylover53
01-27-2008, 04:48 PM
:o
Wise Monkey, I have a question about the case wires. The wires on the Antec case (Power, Reset, etc) have white lettering on the connector, and I think they fit onto the motherboard with the lettering facing either in or out when I did my build. I used the P5KC as well, and I faced the lettering toward the center of the MOBO. Does this have ANY imapct, or do they work both ways?

Feels like if one pin is power and one is ground, they should only be able to pop in one way...

BobaFettK
01-28-2008, 07:32 AM
I'm clutching at straws here before I RMA the P5KC motherboard back to Newegg. Is there any chance that I get no video signal because the motherboard needs to have the BIOS updated to work with the new 45nm E8400 chip I installed? I know the board says it's ready for the new chips, but I've seen a lot of posts online about people being unable to install the new chips on supposedly 45nm-ready boards until they update the BIOS. I emailed ASUS tech support regarding this, and I'm hoping for a reply within the next 48 hours--we'll see.

If it IS a BIOS/chip compatibility issue, I don't want to spend the money to ship the board back to Newegg just to get a replacement with the same problem.

shyster
01-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Man Boba that sucks.

I doubt this will help you at all, but it is worth at least posting on the off chance that it could:

http://www.devhardware.com/c/a/Hardware-Guides/Why-and-How-to-Flash-Your-BIOS/

It is just a general page that talks about how to flash your bios, for me I have never done it so it was new information. The possibly important thing for you is that it mentions that sometimes the monitor does not work if the bios is messed up. I doubt the bios is messed up on a stock motherboard, but if the processor is somehow causing a problem, this might tell you how to flash it even without use of a monitor.

I wish I could offer something other than that pidely information, but whatever the resolution please let me know. Not to be too selfish, but I am coincidently going to be building pretty much the same rig. So if it was just a faulty mobo, then it would be something I should look out for, if it does end up becoming some kind of issue like needing to flash the mobo or update the bios that would also be something to look out for.

Hope it turns out well.

The Wise Monkey
01-29-2008, 08:53 AM
@Boba - that could very well be the problem, in which case you are in a spot of bother... You could try getting a really cheap socket 775 Intel processor to try, and use that to flash the BIOS, but that seems kind of a waste of money. See what ASUS tech support say.

@chunky - the connections for the case won't affect anything except their own function i.e. if you get the reset switch connector the wrong way around, then the reset switch won't work, and so on. You won't damage anything by getting them the wrong way around, but you may end up with your HD light on all the time. :)

theDano
01-29-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm clutching at straws here before I RMA the P5KC motherboard back to Newegg. Is there any chance that I get no video signal because the motherboard needs to have the BIOS updated to work with the new 45nm E8400 chip I installed? I know the board says it's ready for the new chips, but I've seen a lot of posts online about people being unable to install the new chips on supposedly 45nm-ready boards until they update the BIOS. I emailed ASUS tech support regarding this, and I'm hoping for a reply within the next 48 hours--we'll see.

If it IS a BIOS/chip compatibility issue, I don't want to spend the money to ship the board back to Newegg just to get a replacement with the same problem.

Hey Boba,

So you mentioned about people having to upgrade the bios to recognize the 45nm E8400. Mine would boot and I could load windows and everything. It just threw a warning message that I needed to upgrade the bios to unleash the full capabilities of the processor. I upgraded the bios after I had XP loaded. Just thought I would mention this so you completely understood what I was explaining to you in the other forum.

Dano

BobaFettK
01-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks, I did read that reply, and I appreciate the info. That tells me it wasn't a BIOS problem. I'm dropping off the mobo at a UPS store tonight to RMA back to Newegg. I'll come back and post about whether the replacement works when I get it. Thanks again to all who tried to help me figure this out. I guess if the 2nd mobo doesn't work, my next step is to RMA the processor...

Jamie Nixx
01-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Keep us posted mate.

snark
01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Mine eventually turned off after about a minute. I called asus and they said my boards bios needed to be upgraded and to take it to fryes or somewhere to get that done. I hope there is something I can do to fix it.

Let me know if you find out what your problem is.

markawaddington@hotmail.com

snark
01-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I have a similar problem and share your frustration. BUt my lack of picture and no beep goes one step further and the computer shuts down after a minute or so.

grrrrrrr.

BobaFettK
01-31-2008, 02:19 PM
I have a follow up question for Jamie and the Wise Monkey:

Can the RAM you install cause the problems I was having? Wouldn't I still get a video signal with some kind of error message even if I put in NO DIMMs at all? I only ask because rather than using the traditionally recommended 2 GB of RAM, I was using the Corsair 2GB DDR2 800 DIMMs for a total of 4GB RAM. Here's the link:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145184

I know that isn't the EXACT same RAM that you guys usually recommend, but it is still Corsair RAM. And even if I had used bargain basement "Sir Craps-a-Lot RAM", I should still have gotten a video signal and keyboard connectivity, right? :confused:

shyster
01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
I am not an expert, so this is not a difinative answer; rather it is an extrapolation of all the evidence provided.

I doubt the ram is causing your problem, because Barrister73 who reported having the exact same problems as you, used the "recommended" ram of 2x1, and he tried switching out older ram as well to see if that helped. It apparently did not.

My question to you boba, did you try swaping out the cpu with an older one? I am just wondering if some boards might not be able to load the new cpu at all while some seem to be able to load it with just lower settings. I ask because I have also been reading the reviews and other people, although I do not know where they live, i.e. perhaps received different baords, have not had any of the problems you discribe, they have just had a warning message saying update bios for max performance.

BobaFettK
01-31-2008, 03:25 PM
I would have if I owned an older CPU. My newest desktop prior to this is an AMD Athlon Compaq Presario desktop from 2001. :o

chunkylover53
01-31-2008, 03:29 PM
I had minor issues with my P5KC (purchased 1/2/2008 on Newegg, USA), but I'm up and running. I have a few similar components, but I'm not sure it will be enough to help...

Antec Sonata III / CORSAIR 520W / ASUS P5K-C / Intel Quad Q6600 / ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT Cooler / 2GB (2x1) Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC2-6400 / WD Caviar 320GB SATA / EVGA GeForce 8600GT 512MB / Dell 2407WFP Monitor / Windows XP Home

On first boot, I had trouble until I set my memory in the B1 & B2 slots. It would not budge in the A1 & A2 slots, though you might tell me I'm crazy. Once I installed windows, which failed twice in the middle of install, I got the windows blue screen of death repeatedly until I updated the BIOS. Once I updated the BIOS, I re-seated the memory into A1 & A2, and it's been smooth sailing since then.

I'm OC'd at 3.1Ghz, with no errors after 6 hours on prime95 and no errors on memtest86. BIOS is very user friendly.

Looking forward to your next update Boba.

shyster
01-31-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey chunky think you can answer a question of mine?

Your CPU is different, and that is probably one of the main equations in this issue that the two people both seem to be having.

The next main thing would be on first boot were you able to get video output to your monitor even though the ram did not work, or did you not get video output until you moved the ram?

Lastly just as a question for my own knowledge, can you use a floppy to flash the p5kc's bios or is the flashing file too big? Also did you flash after installing windows? If so why after installing versus before installing?

chunkylover53
01-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Alas, Shyster, we will never know the answer to the first question because I don't remember for certain. I know that until I updated the BIOS I could only keep it stable with the memory in the B slots. I doubt it was a factor, but I wanted to mention just in case. Keep in mind that I didn't get video at first because I hadn't changed the input selection on my monitor to DVI :o .

As far as the second question, I was living on the edge a little because I had not installed a floppy drive. Sure enough, Rob actually dedicates a section of the MSPC directions to bucketheads like me that figure they don't need one :o . So the reason I did everything I could to get windows up and running was so I could use the ASUS BIOS Update Utility that runs from Windows. This board supports 4 different options for flashing the BIOS, which is a nice feature. Of course, as it's my first build, I have no idea if that's standard for most motherboards.

If I were doing it all over, I probably would have installed a floppy drive and updated the BIOS from a bootable disk. It's listed as an option, so I doubt the file is too big.

shyster
01-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Well thanks for you answers. I was however trying to confirm what I saw in another forum that said the P5KC's bios flash file was actually 2mb and would not fit on a floppy. That forum recommended using a flash drive to flash the bios.

And I did see somewhere in a bios flashing for dummies article that you could flash from windows, I just heard it is not nearly as reliable and can kill your bios chip. So I am glad it worked for you I just do not like to try my luck because I do not really have any.

BobaFettK
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, my RMA'd motherboard finally arrived at Newegg's warehouse yesterday. I just got the confirmation e-mail this afternoon that they received it. Now I have to wait another 2-3 days for the return to process before they send my replacement. It looks like it will be the middle of next week before I finally have the new board. I PRAY it will work. If not, I don't know what I'm going to do next. The P5KC is a non-refundable item. :(

Barrister73
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Hopefully we'll both get good replacements. Mine should get to them the day after yours does.

MRR

BobaFettK
02-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I just finished cleaning all the old thermal paste off my e8400 cpu and my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7. I'm a little irked that I'm stuck using Arctic Silver instead of the stock thermal paste that I was forced to wipe off when I RMA'd the first motherboard, but c'est la vie.

The replacement motherboard went out for delivery from the next town over before 7 AM, but still hasn't arrived (it's 5:30 PM here now). I'm pretty sure UPS delivers the closest stuff to their warehouse last, so they can hit those stops on the way back at the end of the day.

Anyway, after it arrives and I hook up the cpu, gpu, RAM, and psu, I'll post another message to let everyone know if my POST works. Think happy thoughts and pray to the nerd gods for me.;)

BobaFettK
02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen...

We have liftoff! I've got a screen and keyboard function. I'm about to enter BIOS setup for the first time. Wish me luck!!!:)

Barrister73
02-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Good luck. Hopefully my replacement will come soon and I will have positive results too. Not sure Newegg left me enough time to RMA again if I get another dud.

Any problems at all, or did it start up right away?

MRR

iiiprimeiii
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
woohooooo.... good luck man!!!! hope it all goes well. :eek: :D

BobaFettK
02-11-2008, 07:51 PM
It started right away with no hitches. I've entered the BIOS setup menu. SATA HD and SATA dvd-r drive are detected, as are mouse, keyboard, cpu, floppy, and RAM. I'm getting ready to either install WinXP or install the drivers from the ASUS mobo CD-ROM. I'm not sure which I should do first, so I'm going to start a new thread to ask our new high and might moderators. :)

The Wise Monkey
02-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Congratulations!

It really sucks that it was a faulty motherboard, but I'm glad you've got it sorted now. :)

shyster
02-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Congradulations Boba,

I personally only got to the first boot stage when I realized that it was 12:30 at night and I had to get up at 7:00 today.

But luckly all parts seem to be working, I have visual, and I got into bios. I have not changed anything yet as I ran out of time, and I do not have the hard drive or optical drives in yet either.

As for you Barrister, hopefully all goes well for you with your second board and you can join us in our new computer daze.

shyster
02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
Okay,

What the hell is going on?

Like I said in my previous post I got to first boot just fine the other day, and now yesterday when I try to go to second boot, no video.

So I pull out the stuff and try to go back to first boot, still no video.

Admittedly I have not pulled out all the parts and reinstalled them to retry the first boot, I just disassembled to the first boot stage. However all the cords seem to still be attached.

Other than that all the fans are spinning, the leds come on, the board light comes on.

I think this is some kind of re-occuring issue with this board, but since it seemed to happen for no reason, there should be a way to fix it.

I did notice that this happened after I tryed resetting the jumpers, but I could not get the battery all the way out, so it was popped but not removed.

I do not actually know if the jumpers have anything to do with this since it seems to be a video issue, just trying to put out all the information in case it gives someone an idea on how it might be fixable.

I have not as I said pulled out all the parts and tried a full reinstall from first boot, I will try that tonight. I have not tried putting the GPU in the black 4x PCI-E slot I will also try that later tonight.

I am really kind of annoyed that the computer that was halfway there has somehow backslid into uselessness and the fact that I might have to RMA now annoys me. So I am writing kind of angry and could have missed something so ask questions, give opinions, anything you think might help.

So a quick read through of robs first boot issues, suggests the jumper thing, is it possible that by not completely removing the battery I somehow messed up the motherboard, and that a complete removal for 30 minutes would fix it? If that is so, what is a good way to get the battery out, popping it gets it up but it is still stuck in pretty good. Does a knife work or is there some more precision tool?

The Wise Monkey
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Use a standard kitchen knife or something else that is blunt - you don't want to damage your motherboard. Also, don't force the battery out, just try and ease it out slowly.

shyster
02-13-2008, 11:19 AM
OK that gives me a place to go, any other ideas on my post.

I do realize that it is pretty much the same as Boba's first post, but since I got video intially I thought that might point to some issue with the board, or my installation. It just seems like the jumpers should not be able to cause the video not to work, but I could be totally wrong. It does say in the manual that boot failure can occur if the jumpers are removed.

john_s
02-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi

I've been following your thread as I have the identical problem and a similar set-up!

I finally succumbed to getting some help and took it to my local pc store to see exactly what was wrong.

As expected, once the BIOS was updated all works okay. Also on the ASUS website it now says a BIOS update is needed. Very annoying as when I bought the motherboard I checked the website and then it stated it was compatible.

Not sure how yours worked temporarily, but I think a BIOS flash is the answer. Mine cost £20 - £20 more than I should have paid, thanks ASUS, but worth it for me to have a working PC.

HTH

JOhn

shyster
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Okay that is just weird as hell if asus's site now says it is mandatory.

Mine worked at first then died, others did not work with the first board, but their second boards were just fine without the update as far as I know.

And even if you tell me that now, I do not have another 775 chip I could put in so that I can even get to a bios flashing stage. Both of my old computers have the 478 chip so no help there.

john_s
02-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Only think I can suggest is what I was contemplating:

buy cheap 775 celeron processor on ebay for about £20

use to flash bios then sell (hopefully for about the same amount)

only cost would be TIM cleaner and TIM for me as I used an arctic freezer which came with a pad and I assumed would have needed replacing?

Therefore cost would have been about £20 I suppose.

You don't have a pc shop near you that would pop in an older cpu and flash for you?

shyster
02-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I am sure I could aquire one if I really had to, but it does not even get to post so I doubt a new CPU would fix that. Like I said it posted the first time and got to bios and then never again.

BobaFettK
02-23-2008, 07:42 AM
Well shyster, you know as much (probably more) about any of this than I do, but ever since my RMA I've had no video problems with the replacement board. I know it's a shitty option, but it may be the only one left. I wish you luck, and I feel your pain.:(

john_s
02-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I understand what you're saying Shyster, but mine would not post either - until the BIOS was flashed, now posts fine.

Admittedly we do have slightly different boards and mine didn't get as far as yours and then stop on the next try.

Hope you get it sorted, and love to know the outcome.

Good luck

I know its put me off giving Asus any of my future custom. I was put off before with all the problems with the p5k's but those little things to make attaching the front connections to the headers sold it to me :-)

shyster
02-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Well I did RMA it, and it should arrive this Monday. Hopefully all goes well and I can post to this forum on it on Monday instead of on this overheating computer.