PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good Case?

DemonicDerek
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I was just wondering if this case is a good one or not, and by good case I mean by if it has a good cooling system, ect. However I actually like the fact that it doesn't come with a powersupply allowing me to choose one.

Antec Performance One P180 Advanced Super Mid Tower Case

There is an interactive demo you can look at if it will help you judge!

Click here (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=140118) and it will take you to the product page then click on ineractive demo on that page.

WickedVex
03-15-2007, 06:01 PM
I was looking at that same case on Newegg and it got some pretty good reviews (About 800 of them).

From what I read the only downside is the cabling from the PSU (when you get one) unit to the motherboard and that it's a bit on the heavy side. Other than that it gets two thumbs up for me.

P.S.
If you consider buying it I noticed it costs cheaper on Newegg.

Rob
03-15-2007, 07:26 PM
This is a well-regard computer case.

DemonicDerek
03-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Regarding prices, right now I am just making a list of all the items I am including in my computer. When I have saved up enough money I will look for cheaper prices.

bighoo93
04-03-2007, 09:52 AM
A LOT of reviews on Amazon for the Sonata II case mention problems with the power supply. This is somewhat concerning and makes me consider a different case.

DemonicDerek
04-03-2007, 10:04 AM
You would get more attention for the subject if you posted your own thread.

Rob
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I've noticed that. In fact, I contacted Antec about it and they told me that there was not a problem with the power supply, which I took to mean that the number of failures or returns they were experiencing were as good or better than any other maker. It's hard to know what to make of all the negative reviews. Maybe there is a problem with the power supply. Or maybe the users are expecting too much of the power supply, such as using it with a video card that needs a bigger power supply.

I'll find out for myself soon enough. I have my own Antec Sonata II computer case and I'll be using it with a GeForce 8800 GTS video card.

It's nice to know that the computer case itself is worth the cost. On the other hand, you don't want your computer failing three months into loading it up with applications and data.

dadbuilt
07-27-2007, 08:34 AM
Cool Case nice and quiet bad PSU get a better PSU and you got a great start. Did this one for my brother he loves it.