PDA

View Full Version : Antec 900 - small problem

Spiffs
01-23-2008, 05:33 PM
hi,

I have recently finished my first pc during the Christmas break, but there is one thing that is bugging me about the antec 900 case:

there are 2 front usb ports and when i tried to plug my ipod in, then nothing happened, so then I tried plugging it into the back ports and it worked perfectly.

is anyone experiencing this problem? any help on fixing it would be helpful :)

also, later today I'll open up the case and check if the cables are in properly

Jamie Nixx
01-23-2008, 05:47 PM
The back ones are directly attached to the motherboard, the front ones are connected by a plug that has to go on the USB pins on your mobo, these will be labeled in you manual and on the motherboard itself if you haven't plugged them in already.

Spiffs
01-23-2008, 08:00 PM
yea, i plugged them in when i assembled for the first time, but i'll go back and check it out incase something happened

RickyTick
01-23-2008, 08:11 PM
They must be in the pins the wrong way. I use the front USB port for a headset without problem. Double check your connections.

The Wise Monkey
01-24-2008, 07:19 AM
Some motherboards come with a useful little connector that you can plug the usb connections into, then plug the connector into your motherboard. Which motherboard do you have?

Spiffs
01-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I feel dumb, but i fixed it because when I opened it i found out that the connector was slightly to the left so 2 pins weren't connected, lol

well i tried my ipod and the usb ports work now so thanks for all the responses anyways :)

Cirndle
06-05-2008, 02:19 PM
check that the wires from the mobo are connected properly to the two front usb ports.