PDA

View Full Version : Yay!!

alphaonias3
01-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Well I did it and am expecting my new geek merit badge any day now.

amd 64x2 5200+
biostar tf7025m2
wd 7200rpm 250g hdd
Rosewill mid-tower 450w
geil 2g 240 pin ddr2 sdram 800
mad dog dvd/cd read/burn
arctic cooling freezer 64 pro
xp home sp2

You may have noticed that there is no gpu and that is because the mobo comes with good on board graphics and they will work just fine for us for a while. I am looking forward to the launch of AOC sometime in march and by then I am hoping prices will have dropped a bit more and I will buy a gpu then.

This is not a SUPERPC but a solid mid range machine and I am quite pleased with the way it came out given the budget. I have never been an over clocker but I kind of built with that in mind. As this machine becomes more dated I may explore over clocking to keep up a little while longer. The cpu idles at 19-20 C and never got over 29 C using prime95. Cooling at present is one 120mm exaust fan so there is plenty of room for growth in the cooling dept.

I am very pleased and excited to use this machine that I put together. I am a tinkerer at heart and now I can't stop looking at newegg and thinking about all of the combinations and setups I could build. Thank you to Rob for all of the information and pages of instruction. Thank you to all of the forum contributers.