PDA

View Full Version : Monitor

joenewbie
01-20-2008, 01:14 AM
I've been visiting the site for a while, useful info for sure, my question is, why are we still stuck on the 21" Dell Monitor? what makes this almost 500 dollar item so keen?

I mean personally if I'm going to pay 500 for a 21" I may as well throw 200 more out for a 24". Why still the 21" recommendation? and why has that price stuck for so long.. or does it just seem like it's been long?

Thanks in advance,

Joenewbie

RickyTick
01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Thats a good question Joe. I spend a good bit of time on several pc/gaming forums and it seems like Dell is a top choice for monitors. Particularly the 2407WFP. And just recently the 2408 is out and getting great reviews.

Personally I have a 22" Samsung (226BW). They are also highly regarded.

iiiprimeiii
01-20-2008, 05:15 PM
the bigger the monitor the badder ass the graphics cards needs to be so that games like crysis dont look like crap on the big huge stretched out monitor. they probably like the 21 incher cuz it need a mediocre card..i dunno tho could be wrong

jclaydon
01-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Personally I'm waiting/hoping for LCD HD tvs to drop in price a little bit more. If i can get a 32" TV for just under $500 then I'm going to get one of those instead of a monitor, and kill two birds with one stone.

Sure the picture might not be AS good as a monitor, but it will be pretty darn close and a person like me probably couldn't tell the difference anyway.. :D

take care

-James

MinGraphics
01-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Thats a good question Joe. I spend a good bit of time on several pc/gaming forums and it seems like Dell is a top choice for monitors. Particularly the 2407WFP. And just recently the 2408 is out and getting great reviews.

Personally I have a 22" Samsung (226BW). They are also highly regarded.

I'm glad to here that the Samsung 226BW 22" is good because that is what I am getting for my new computer. I went to stores and looked at them, the numbers and specks are one thing but a monitor is something I have to see with my own eyes before buying.

Jamie Nixx
01-22-2008, 12:20 PM
To answer your question Joe the reason a lot of people recommend 21''/22'' is because thats really the biggest a monitor should be for a gaming computer, anything bigger will put serious stress on a GPU because of the Ultra high resolutions, plus your likely to never be sitting more than a few feet away, so 21'' is perfect.

Personally, i think its better to run a gaming PC on a HDTV, because the screens are often very big, but the resolutions are not high, a 42'' HDTV has the same resolution as a 22'' monitor.