PDA

View Full Version : On which components does brand/cost not matter?

King Mir
01-19-2008, 10:03 PM
On which components does buying the top selling brand not matter? Which components can I buy at the cheapest price that meets my requirements?
Which components come close?

Jamie Nixx
01-20-2008, 08:23 AM
None really, i suppose you could buy a cheap optical drive.

You need quality if you want a long lasting system.

King Mir
01-20-2008, 03:24 PM
None really, i suppose you could buy a cheap optical drive.

You need quality if you want a long lasting system.
Not the answer I was hoping for.

What about the case? Does brand matter there? What about peripherals, like monitor and keyboard? Does it really matter what brand of memory I buy?

Jamie Nixx
01-20-2008, 03:43 PM
Mouse, Keyboard and Case you can get away with buying cheap, but for components like memory branded is always best, you can't be using shitty generic components otherwise you might as well not build your own and buy a Dell, because thats all they use in their PC's.

With good branded components you get what you pay for, nice warranties, excellent performance and reliabilty.

King Mir
01-20-2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the reply.

RickyTick
01-20-2008, 06:51 PM
The only cheap components I used was speakers, because I usually wear a headset when on the computer.

Otherwise, buy the best you can with whatever money you have.

Jamie Nixx
01-20-2008, 07:12 PM
No problem, you sound a bit downhearted though mate, listen components nowadays are really cheap, even for excellent branded ones, take Corsair XMS memory, for 2GB its $37, i have seen no name brands being sold for more than that.

You can always buy good components no matter what your budget, so cheer up a little ;)

King Mir
01-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh no, I'm fine. This just makes it harder to research.