PDA

View Full Version : Evga 8800 GTS videocard

zburns
01-14-2008, 11:03 AM
I sent a message yesterday, not sure it transmitted. But it was way too long; this one short but says the same thing.

My question is will the evga 8800 GTS card support Dual Link DVI, HDCP, Blu-ray and HD DVD movies at native resolution on 24" to 30" large computer monitors.

The winter issue of PC Hardware in their 7 page Videocard article says on the fourth page of the article that the Invidia 8800 GTS will not. The evga wedsite spec seems to imply that it will but it is not clear too me that is the case.

I assume there could be a difference between the Invidia and the Evga cards on this issue. Am I correct?

Thanks zburns.

Rob
01-14-2008, 11:55 AM
The short answer is - I don't know. But, yes, the eVGA video card should be a superset of the NVIDIA reference video card. Since the eVGA is a superset, it's possible it can do more than the reference.

zburns
01-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the fast response. I will try to compare specs between the two to find out!! I tried to find a complete evga spec but it was not clear. zburns

zburns
01-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Your reply seems to be correct. By going to the Newegg site and looking up the various cards, positive references to Dual Link, HDCP, Blu-ray, HD DVD all seem to be there.

The Evga Web site says the same spec for all 8800 boards, namely "DVI 1, DVI 1, HD TV". While this implies "Dual Link", for the uninitiated such as myself, it is not specific enough.

Thanks again. zburns