PDA

View Full Version : wireless network issues

Spiffs
01-13-2008, 05:02 PM
hi,
I have the linksys WRT54G wireless router, and I have my router connected: my computer gets a connection and my laptop

the problem is that when i try to set-up a network using the software, it puts me through the steps and I did everything right but then it says "cannot detect router" .... the router is obviously working if I get a connection so what's going on?

I want to set-up my network and have it secure but this is holding me back :mad:

I'm using a Motorola SB5100 SURFboard cable modem for the existing connection

- any help would be appreciated
-- Phil

The Wise Monkey
01-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Which software are you trying to use?

Spiffs
01-13-2008, 05:09 PM
it's the CD that came in the package with the router: its called "Linksys Easylink Advisor"

RickyTick
01-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey Spiffs.

Before I set up my network (Linksys WRT300N), I lurked around the Linksys Forums. Seemed like everyone suggested not installing the Linksys software on the enclosed CD. So I didn't, and it all worked perfectly.

Cruise around at Linksys.com forums and read some posts. There's some good info there, but be warned, its absolute chaos. There's so many posts everyday, its hard to get help.

Spiffs
01-13-2008, 06:02 PM
alright, thanks for the help

i'll see if there is anything about getting my network set-up on the site

kagomeghe
08-04-2008, 01:51 AM
hello!

-- who is your internet service provider
-- what is the operating system of your computer?

you may try this and see if this help solve your problem. make sure your computer is directly connected to the router

Step 1: Shutdown the computer.
Step 2: reset the router while power on then Unplug the router’s power cable.
Step 3: Unplug the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for 30 seconds.
Step 4: Plug in the Broadband modem’s power cable and wait for its lights to appear stable.
Step 5: Plug in the router's power cable once the modem’s lights appear stable.
Step 6: Power on the computer on and configure the router settings
Step 7: test the Internet connection.

if this still didnot work, upgrade the firmware of your router and repeat the same steps.

note:
configuring the router settings will depends who is your provider. if your isp is dsl you need to configure your ISP username (email address format) and password on the router. if your router is a cable no need to change any settings on the router. it should automatically work