PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build/buy new gaming PC

King Mir
01-12-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm looking to build or buy a new PC from gaming.

I am willing to spend $1000.

I want a good PC that will last as long as possible (continue to be a good gaming PC), but I do not want to pay premium prices. I also want it to be easy to upgrade in the future.

I do not have a lot of spare time to spend on research, however my need is not urgent. I want to buy/build the PC before june this year, but sooner is prefered.

What parts should I use or how could I establish a benchmark standard for evaluating a pre-built PC?

I plan to tri-boot the PC with windows XP, Vista, and Ubuntu. I can get all these operating systems myself for free.

The only part I have to recycle is my wireless keyboard. I also have a few junked laptops, but I imagine there isn't much that would be salvageable from them.

Jamie Nixx
01-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I'll price your computer for you if you want, $1000 is no problem that will build a super PC.

Your better off building yourself, its not hard at all.

King Mir
01-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I am quite open to the Idea of building it myself. I'm sure I can find time to assemble it. I am concerned that I may not have enough spare time to devote to researching parts. But at this point, establishing a benchmark for buying a computer requires research anyway.

Please go ahead and price me.