PDA

View Full Version : Missing Wires?

TreeTopFlier
01-10-2008, 10:45 PM
I'm installing an ASUS P5KC mobo in an Antec 900 case. The first boot went fine but the desired beep was missing because I can't locate the speaker wires. The HDD LED, PWR SW and RESET SW come from the front of the case but the PLED and SPEAKER wires can't be located. All the fans work and I can get to the BIOS.

Second issue: I'm installing 2-WD250AAKS HDs and want to configure them RAID 0. The P5KC User Guide says to install one internal serial ATA HD to the JMicron JMB363 Serial ATA RAID connector and an external Serial ATA drive to the external SATA port. I have the first one connected but the second has me scratching my head.

TreeTopFlier
01-11-2008, 03:32 PM
I talked to Antec tech support and was told that this case doesn't have a speaker, therefore no speaker wires. The reference to a PLED connector is a misprint.

I could still use help with the hard drive installation.
Thanks

acidfire
01-11-2008, 03:49 PM
I know when I looked at doing raid both internal hard drives connect to the motherboard using sata cables. I think after you connect the hard drives then start your computer and go into the bios and setup the raid. After you have the bios saved then start installing windows. That is the way I would do it but I haven't done it myself. I have only looked into doing a raid. Maybe a more experienced member can help you even more.
Hope that helps and good luck getting the raid to work :)