PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow we throw the switch!

TreeTopFlier
01-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I spent the day putting the components of my new build together and was struck with the absudity of it all. I'm not unhappy, just bemused.

It went fine, but slowly, given my lack of experience and my cautious nature.

It was only by moving repeatedly between Rob's book, the user manual's for the Antec Nine Hundred, the Corsair HX520W Power Supply and the Asus P5KC Motherboard, that I got-er-done. I could do another tomorrow in very short order.

My point is this! If the chip, mobo, psu and case manufactures have ageed to a standard, why doesn't it include a simple connection system like HDMI?

It's absurd to have wires running all over the computer bay, when the designers already knew where they were going.

The Wise Monkey
01-10-2008, 07:43 AM
The connection scheme is fairly simple... :/

The whole point is that the designers don't know where they are going. Cases are all different, and they are designed to support almost any motherboard - ATX, BTX, micro-ATX form factors etc. Also, each motherboard manufacturer has their own design for a motherboard, with the slots for different things in different places.

The main reason there are wires everywhere is for compatability purposes - if a case was specifically designed for just one motherboard, it wouldn't sell at all.