PDA

View Full Version : HDMI output and plasma TV

subbu68
01-07-2008, 02:52 AM
If I added a video card with HDMI/DVI output to my PC, connect to a plasma TV (42" Panny PV70 say) and play a DVD would it give a better PQ than using a standalone DVD Player with HDMI connected to the TV? I am thinking about normal DVD only not HD.

Similarily if I added a TV tuner card to the PC and connected cable TV decoder to it and run the Plasma as above, would PQ be better than connecting the decoder direct through RCA output? (we have only RCA output on the decoders provided by the local cable TV provider in UAE).

I thought like this because I have a Grundig CRT TV(100Hz digital)that is getting old but working well. Service for Grundig is no more available here. Thought of getting rid of the TV when it is working and go for a Plasma. But we do not have HD content on the local cable we get here. So connecting the present cable to a plasma would defenitely result in a poor PQ than my CRT.

As PC can give high resolution pics, would it with a good GPU act as video upconvertor?

Later maybe I could add a Blu-Ray DVD drive to the PC .

Thanks

Subbu
PC Config
Intel E6750, G33 Express chipset, 2GB 800MHz RAM, 500GB and 80GB HDDs,LG DVD writer, VISTA HOME PREMIUM OS.