PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

xeroatticus
03-12-2007, 09:26 PM
What exactly was added to Vista to make it so superior? From what I've heard, it's very restrictive. Apparently it asks for confirmation of almost anything you do, and I've also heard that really not much is different except the task bar, which was made to be a bit more visually appealing.

So, if anyone here has Vista, or has used extensively, could you maybe give us your opinion of it?

Fred
03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
What a nice Operating System!

There is a learning curve!

I've been running the Vista Home Premium on my Sony VAIO notebook puter since the first Tuesday after Vista came out. The notebook is a Pentium M 1.73GHz with 1 GB Ram and a wide screen. Contrary to what your going to hear and read from a lot of folks, its a good operating system. I like the way it runs, a huge step up from the XP Pro SP-II I've been running. I first loaded it as an upgrade from XP, very smooth, deleted my old XP directory and was surprised! Well, I can't leave good enough alone, 48 hours later I wanted to see how Vista would do a clean install, It worked, did well figuring all my drivers. But; when I went to load some of my XP vintage programs such as VuePrint 80, System Mechanic 7, and my photography toys, I ran into some annoyances where it kept asking for administrative permissions. Learned how to deal with these now - and I'm pleased with my notebook. As Vista matures, It's going to be a good operating system.

DemonicDerek
03-13-2007, 10:37 PM
If it asks for permission every time you do something then if you are a good computer user you will carefully read each thing each time and allow or deny. Then eventually it will stop asking because it remembers those kind of things.