PDA

View Full Version : Dsl

iiiprimeiii
01-04-2008, 10:22 PM
so i have dsl 3M service and everytime i test it at www.speedtest.net or on att speed test site all i can get is 1.29M dwnld and .42M upload. i called and they tested and said from their end it is running at 2.9M and my computer has a problem thats slowing it down not them. they said i probably had spyware or something. so sure enough i downloaded avg spyware and virus protection and had 17 spyware files. so i got rid of them and then tested again after deleting all cookies etc and restaerting my modem and computer and speed tested again and got same crappy results. anybody got any ideas?????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Jamie Nixx
01-05-2008, 05:08 AM
I get the same crappy results and i have 8MB broadband and thats on all my computers, even newly built.

iiiprimeiii
01-05-2008, 07:55 AM
that sucks. these internet poeple r thieves :mad: . so u dont think that there might actually be something on my computer slowing it down????

The Wise Monkey
01-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Nah, its probably because you are a long way from the nearest telephone exchange, or there are lots of people in your area using the connection. You will never get the full advertised speeds, unfortunately.