PDA

View Full Version : i tried =[

foreverviet88
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
i built a computer using jamie nixx spec

http://forums.mysuperpc.com/showthread.php?t=802

i went on my own and bought a random harddrive and a CD drive and i dunno if it works?????

HDD: Maxtor 160 gb and i think the box said its SATA II i was wondering if it makes any difference?

CD DRIVE: (i threw away the box :eek: so i looked at the warranty paper) Pioneer dvd writer drive (is this a cd drive or dvd writer only :mad: )

and if the stuff i bought is fine then maybe i plugged it in the wrong place then ???

anyone owns this motherboard can tell me where to plug the hdd and cd drive? i just plug it into whatever fits so i put it in the red slot labeled SATA1 and SATA2

the computer turns on though and it does the normal beeping like my old computer but when i tried to install OS it just formats the drive and says

Setup cannot access the cd containing th windows xp installation files.

to retry press enter it you are not successful after several tries, quit setup then, restart setup, copy the windows xp installation files to your harddisk.

how would i go about doing this?

can someone help me out plzz been sitting here with it for a month :(

The Wise Monkey
01-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Hmm, someone else has had this problem as well. To copy the files to your HD, you need to enter the recovery console after you have booted from the setup CD. This should give you a dos type prompt that will allow you to copy the stuff across, iirc.